Thursday, May 14, 2015

First School Visit

Last week I had the opportunity to bring ABC Healthy into my son's first grade class and read it to the children.  It was so great to see all of the positive reactions from the kids.  Not only where they excited that their friend's mom wrote a book, but they were all excited to tell me about the healthy choices that they make.  When I read them the book little hands were raised just to tell me that they love mushrooms or that their mom packed them apples that day.  I also brought in a little snack of quinoa salad and oranges.  While they were eating I read form the ABC Healthy glossary about all of the healthy nutrition in what they were eating.  I think they really enjoyed the visit! I look forward to my books arriving in June and being able to read aloud to more children.




No comments:

Post a Comment