Thursday, January 30, 2020

Keep On Keeping On

Quick update on what I have been up to...

December of 2018 Explore Booksellers in Aspen, Colorado called on 6 local children's book authors, including myself to hold an event at the bookstore.  We kept in touch and are now 7 women who empower each other, learn from our different experiences, and move forward together in this world of self publishing.  We call ourselves Aspen Authors.  We even managed to through together a little website! aspenauthors.com 

We graced Explore Booksellers with our presence again this past December 2019!

On my writing and illustrating front I have been working on numerous illustrations for a mountain inspired book/series.  I am most likely not going to publish it until next ski season as I don't want to rush and I want everything to be just right.  Since it is a series I need to make sure I am consistent.

I have also been working on "Food is Fuel."  I put it off for some time because I thought I would need to become a nutritionist to write the book.  I have been advised that that is not necessarily true.  I feel a need and a trend for healthy books.  That is also what I am passionate about so it is only natural for me to proceed.  I was stuck for a while on what the book will look like, but it is becoming more clear and I look forward to seeing it grow.

I also make cute little hand painted cards for the Emporium and Flying Circus in Aspen, Colorado.  I feel as though creating the cards give me a break from my current work and help me expand my creative mind.   The Emporium is always very supportive of me and my books.  I love attending their holiday open house every December.  Just walking around the Emporium and taking in all of the local talent is inspiring.

Emporium and Flying Circus December 2019

Aspen Authors at Explore Booksellers December 2018
Photo Credit: Craig Turpin Aspen Daily News

Aspen Authors at Explore Booksellers December 2019
 

No comments:

Post a Comment