Wednesday, August 27, 2014

X - tra Difficult Letter

      X is by far the most difficult letter to create for a healthy food.  I am planing on using xigua fruit, which is basically a watermelon.  (I believe it is pronounced zig-u-a) There are different sources that explain xigua fruit in different ways.  It seems as though it is a Chinese watermelon with a darker almost black outside and a more yellowish inside.  Other sources say that xigua is watermelon that dates back to 2000 BCE and over time people had trouble saying xigua so now Americans call it watermelon.  I don't think I will be able to get my hands on the Chinese xigua so I am going to have to paint just a small watermelon, which is another explanation for xigua  I don't feel comfortable painting and promoting a food that I have never had or my audience won't have access to.  There are over 1,200 variates of watermelon in the world.  I am going to try and tie in a little of history with this fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment